If you love Oreo’s and cream cheese this recipe is for you! These are rich and easy to make truffles that are a go to for any party or occasion. They can be made up to a week in advance and once they are served they won’t stick around long enough for any to be left! These have been requested from me a few times and I thought I would share the easiest recipe for a delicious and rich dessert for the chocolate lovers like myself!
A fun variation of these to make with the kids is to make the truffles look like melted snowmen! if you do this I suggest using a little extra white chocolate so that it looks like the snow has pooled at the bottom of the snowmen’s head. I use black sprinkles for the eyes, an orange for the nose and I used a piping gel for the mouth though you could certainly use black sprinkles for those as well. For the hat I just got mini Oreo’s from the store and glued those to the top while the white chocolate was still setting up.
I’d love to connect so make sure you’re following me on here using the buttons on the right hand side of the page, connect with me on Instagram @cravetheextraordinary or on Pinterest @knasburg!
- 1 pkg. softened Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg. Oreo’s
- 2 pkg. White Chocolate (any brand) or baking chips.
- Set 5 Oreo’s aside for the topping.
- Put all of the Oreo’s (filling and cookie) into a food processor and grind down to as fine as you can get them.
- Add in the cream cheese to the crumbs and combine until smooth. (I transfer the crumbs into a stand mixer and add the softened cream cheese).
- Roll into 1/2-1 inch balls depending on how many you want to yield. Place on non-stick sheet then place in freezer for an hour (I tend to make these the night before and keep them in the freezer overnight).
- Crush the remaining 5 Oreo’s to top the balls once coated in chocolate.
- Once the balls are frozen melt the white chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals until the chocolate runs pretty smooth.
- Coat the Oreo balls in the white chocolate and place on non-stick sheet, while the chocolate is still wet place the crushed Oreo crumbs on top.
- Place in fridge until set. Can be served cold or room temperature. Note that it is cream cheese so I would not suggest leaving this out for more than a few hours.
- Before sticking the balls in the freezer the night before stick in a wooden or plastic dowel to make coating the balls in the chocolate (almost) mess free.